In accordance with the Cypriot Digital Nomad Visa Scheme, non-EU/EEA nationals who can work remotely using telecommunication technologies can stay in Cyprus for one year and work for a company that has its headquarters outside of the country, and work remotely for businesses or clients located abroad, with the possibility of extending the visa another year.
Cyprus Digital Nomad Visa Program Main requirements
- Can operate remotely using telecoms technology
- Employed or self-employed by a firm registered overseas that allows them to work remotely for clientele situated outside of their own country;
- A monthly net income of at least €3500 after contributions and taxes can be shown as proof of income.
Cyprus Digital Nomad Visa Program Benefits
People who receive a Digital Nomad residency permit in Cyprus, will be able to take advantage of the following:
- Right to stay in Cyprus for a year, with the option to extend that period by another year;
- The right to stay in Cyprus for the same amount of time as the Digital Nomad, but without the right to work or engage in any economic activity;
- Residents of Cyprus are deemed to be tax residents if they spend more than 183 days here in a tax year and are not tax inhabitants of any other country at the time.
- There will be a 50 percent tax break for employees who move to Cyprus and earn more than €55,000 a year.
Members of One’s Immediate Family
- For the same time period as the Digital Nomad, family members can live in Cyprus, but they do not have the right to work or engage in any economic activity there.
- Underage children and a spouse/partner in a civil union are considered family members.
- Family members must also apply for a temporary residency permit, as outlined in the following guidelines.